Friday, April 30, 2010

My solution for “Finding Nemo” Puzzle:

Couple of day’s back when I was viewing my blog I observed a post from Pradeep Soundararajan speaking about the Importance of Testers learning to write code. For that he developed a puzzle in Perl script called “Finding Nemo” he released it for testing world and challenged testers to find the logic of the puzzle using Reverse Engineering.

As I am interested in gaming field (especially Puzzle games) I downloaded the game and started solving it, finally after spending a day full on that I solved the puzzle.

First of all I want to thank Pradeep Soundararajan for such wonderful puzzle, I don’t remember a day when I have strained myself to that extent for the last time and after solving the puzzle I got back my confidence in solving puzzles.

I suggest you to give a try to solve Finding Nemo Puzzle before going through the solution for Finding Nemo.

Regards
SaiPavan.Gubba

10 comments:

Mohit said...

Great Job Sai........

Saipavan Gubba said...

@ Mohit

Thank you Mohit :)
Have you tried it?

Mohit said...

I started to solve it in the office, but my Manager called me for meeting then. After that I never tried.....

Pradeep Soundararajan said...

Excellent work Sai Pavan. I am proud to have coached you in the past.

Watch out for Finding Nemo 2.

Saipavan Gubba said...

@Pradeep

Thanks for the complements pradeep.
I am proud to say that i am one of your student and your lateral thinking classes helped me a lot in solving that puzzle.

I am waiting for FINDING NEMO 2.

Thanks
Saipavan Gubba

Santhosh Tuppad said...

@SaiPavan,
Cool work :) Keep it up my friend.

Thanks,
Santhosh Shivanand Tuppad

Saipavan Gubba said...

@ santhosh

Thanks dude :)

QPT said...

Can u get 10 / 10 in this Testing game?Try
Easy learning

Santhosh Tuppad said...

@QPT,
Too many advertizements when compared to content :P. Good monetization but I feel some advertizements blocks should be dwindled :)

Thanks,
Santhosh Shivanand Tuppad

Saipavan Gubba said...

@QPT

Hi QPT, First of all i have to thank you for the game.
As per my obserbvation so far, scoring 10/10 is purely depends on luck, because the score is caliculated using the below formula (Correct attumpts/Total Attempts)*10 where Correct attempts and total attempts will not be same.

thats all for this comment, give me some time to solve the puzzle in order to score 10.

Thanks
Saipavan